Letter from the President
Some of my earliest memories are of spending time with my grandmothers “working” in their gardens. It planted a seed within me of admiration and joy in the outdoors. For me it was almost a childlike sense of mission; helping God keep the world beautiful and in order.
Planning and implementing a landscape is still like that for me. It’s not just about making a place look good, it’s about the practice of living in and utilizing every inch of space that God has given us to its maximum potential.
Beauty, unity, and function are the principles that make our outdoor spaces a seamless part of our daily lives. This is our goal at FLD: to partner with you to develop an outdoor environment tailored to your lifestyle, your needs, and your goals.
Whatever the reason you have called upon FLD, our hope is that we can plant that same seed my grandmothers planted in me, a joy and awe for our surroundings as we move within them to live our daily lives.
President, FLD Landscaping & Garden Shop
Established in 1986, FLD has been a family-owned-and operated business for 31 years. Everything we do we approach with a passion and philosophy for excellence. If you love the great outdoors, then let us make your outdoors great!
- We are state-certified in Landscape Design (LD), Setting of Landscape Plants (SLP), and Ornamental & Turf Pest Control Supervision (OTPS).
- FLD is a certified Alabama Nurserymen’s Association (ANA) Landscape Planner.
- We carry full Commercial General Liability Coverage, to protect our clients from liability in the event of accidents on their property.
- Our employees are covered under Worker’s Compensation and Employer’s Liability insurance to protect them in the event of a work-related accident.
- FLD strives to always stay compliant with state and federal regulations as well as city ordinances, and we keep current operating licenses for each municipality in our service area.
- It is important to us to be not just a responsible member but a positive force in our community, through active participation in groups such as the Etowah County Chamber of Commerce, United Way, Gadsden Women’s Club, Boys & Girls Club, Etowah County Humane Society, and other community-based organizations.